Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fail and Win!!!!

So I am turning my fail into a win.  This is the fail....  


leftover fabric from a baby quilt I designed especially for a friend.

I loved the fabrics and wanted to take the scraps and "throw" them together into a very lopsided and wonky quilt. 



Well...lets just say that it didn't work out....over the course of several months I patched and sewed and cut and made strips.  Then would lay them out and HATE the way it looked.  Would rip seams and move blocks until finally...this !@#$% project defeated me!

This UFO has been in my sewing room stacked in a plastic bin for over 2 years now just dying to get made.  I have been ignoring it to the best of my ability, only catching it glowering at me out of the corner of my eye occasionally.  

Now to the WIN...  Fast forward until the present when I was asked to make a Nook case by a friend.  "Make it pink and black with skulls...you know what i like". I couldn't run to get that plastic bin fast enough. I dumped it out on the floor and began to plan. 

Now honestly my case is a bit wonky and I have to do some major work to get a pattern I like but I think that I can honestly say that I turned a fail into a win!  Yeah me!!!!!!!!!!1



No comments:

Post a Comment