Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday...Finally!!!!


Ahh...deep sigh. It is finally Friday and it absolutely cannot come soon enough this week. My post yesterday was hampered by the fact that at lunch yesterday we started getting an un-forcasted mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Now for most of you I know that is not a huge deal but for me I live in Birmingham, Alabama area and lets just say that not only do we not have salt and sand trucks enough to go around we also have a huge lack of icy weather driving skills going on with the general population. Everyone must have left work at the same time...aka the same time I did desperate to not get stuck at work! There were over 150 wrecks on the roads in the Birmingham metro area. Took me almost 3 hours to get home and I am only 24 miles from work. What a night! My wonderful husband met me at the door, relieved I was home safe and sound. I can honestly say that my face did not mirror his joy. I was as irritated as a cat that has just been given a bath. I was exhausted when I got home mentally and physically so my blog post never materialized.

I did however get 2 more coffee cozies finished while sitting in the parking lot called Birmingham streets. This make 4 total that I have ready to sew the Velcro closures onto this weekend. Hoping to make 10 total for the Fountain City Arts Festival in Prattville, AL in March.

4 comments:

  1. Fabrics are really cute! I think we have similar taste in books too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging. I look forward to seeing posts of your projects as you complete them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your LOGO... Googly eyes make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cup cozies...great ''keep the hands busy'' work...would love to see one laid out flat. :D

    ReplyDelete