Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cup Cozies Part Two



I am putting more info on the cup cozies out there by request. 

Here is a pic of one laid out flat so you can see it better.






I took a starbucks cardboard cup holder and used it for a template cutting the quilt sandwich it slightly bigger and longer than the cardboard.  It needs to be bigger so you can allow for loss during quilting and then longer for the velcro to fasten easily.  

I hand quilted mine and then did a hand binding using standard storebought double fold quilt binding.  I cheated the mitered borders by making the angle and then easing the binding smooth in the straightaway.   

Once they are bound I put a a piece of velcro on the inside and out.  Some of them I have been sewing decorative ribbon on them as well. 

I have been using flannel for the inside of the cozies for more grip and insulation.  A cup cozy and a nifty reuseable cup are an awesome gift for the coffee fiend in your life. 

Hope this helps....let me know if I need to post more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment